SSO / Active Directory integration

Is SSO / Active Directory integration on the roadmap? It would be a huge help to have the ability to link into pre-existing systems for easier/central management.

Technically it is already totally possible to do yourself. We’re actually using discourse SSO and before that Discord SSO for the community login on ayon.cloud

That being said, we’ll evaluating how much effort to put into individual providers, LDAP and AD, what exactly it’s going to look like and how it will be distributed (most likely as an addon, same as other integrations).

Is there already any documentation about or could you point to an example of how one could potentially start to implement a new provider like this?

1 Like

I was about to ask the same!

If there is a working SSO example that could be made available, as you mentioned there is something already for discourse SSO.

Im keen to explore a way to extract a user list from an AD/Domain service.

Not public at the moment. It will be an addon most likely.

Hi, are there any news about SSO / LDAP integration?

I’m curious about this as well. Is this on the 1.0 roadmap or just somewhere down the line?

I too am interested in this feature

Yeah, adding people with AD would be a lot more comfortable from medium scale companies, I vote for this.

Same here.
Would love to integrate it with SSO.
Saves another round of usernames and managements.

For us too, using Active Directory would be very useful.

Same for us. We would appreciate even a beta of the addon mentioned before.

Hi, any news on this? Also a simple SAML2 Endpoint implementation or a google social login would be very helpful. Also the existing code for the discourse/discord SSO implementation as a starting point is highly appreciated.

Any updates on this?

Hey all.

I have some good news. We’re done with some prototypes that will allow SSO with a wide range of systems and all seems to be working quite well.

We’re planning to release Oauth2.0 and keycloak addons. That should cover most identiny managements out there.

6 Likes

Happy days, this is great news!
Will this be available with the normal add-ons or via side load?

1 Like

It will be in the addon market when it’s finished.

Some good news ons this front

2 Likes

will it be a paid addon?

The pricing page mentions SSO under the Premium Addons section, which makes me think it might become a paid addon.

I recall there was mention of implementing it yourself “should be possible”. How true that is I’m not sure since there hasn’t been any simple examples/references that I have seen publicly to implement custom login options. Milan in this topic said:

Technically it is already totally possible to do yourself.

1 Like