Recommended self-hosted server specifications.

Hi!

If one wish to self-host Ayon Server, is there any recommendations for minimal system specs, and how it would scale?
What are the factors that determine resource usage?

Is there any information relating to this, so I can make a somewhat informed decision on server solutions?

Could you provide additional details ?
details such as : the company/team scale, project scale,… etc.

while it’s better for me to leave your question for someone else.
but, let me share my 2 cents and please take my answer with a pinch of salt…

I’m running Ayon server (I’m using ayon-docker) on my VM that’s 1 processor, 2GB RAM and storage up to 50 GB.
Till now, it runs smoothly and I didn’t face any noticeable lag…

Also, I believe your question is somehow related to “Docker Runtime Metrics”

Here’s how it looks on my side.
Animation_5

1 Like

Yeah confirming for me, this is with a small test show loaded in and a couple people connected, the usage is pretty tiny - 2c 5GB ram VM

1 Like

Right now, it’s a small team. 5-10 people to begin with as a proof of concept.
But as we scale up, it could possibly be from 50-150.

So wondered if there was a threshold where “if you reach this amount of traffic or users, you need xyz hardware”.
Just trying to find a good balance between “good enough” for small scale deployment as proof of concept, and at what point one needs to expect an upgrade for production.

I’m running Ayon server (I’m using ayon-docker) on my VM that’s 1 processor, 2GB RAM and storage up to 50 GB.
Till now, it runs smoothly and I didn’t face any noticeable lag…

That’s nice to hear! How many users are accessing the server in your scenario here? And how large of a project is being hosted on it?
And good tip on the Docker Runtime Metrics!

I’m playing solo in my development environment.
I think we will eventually write about the self-hosted server specifications recommended in the docs.

I will update this comment when we do.