Extended functionality to the Unreal loader

Hello, my name is Thijs and currently I am working as a intern at Planet X. For our pipeline we need more functionality to the unreal importer. This is what I am working on right now. The new functions would be:

• More import settings (Most importantly Nanite)
  • Option to import using the new interchange pipeline
  • Being able to load png anf jpg files

I was, until a few months ago, not familiar with the Ayon pipeline. So I need some assistance. Would it be useful to add these functions to GitHub?

1 Like

Hi Thijs!

It would be great if you could take the time to write up the dedicated features you’re looking to add into Github issues of their own (preferably one feature per issue).

If you already have working code you can also start of directly with a Draft or Ready to Review Pull Request so that we can kickstart the discussion from that.

So go to GitHub - ynput/ayon-unreal: Unreal Engine integration addon for AYON and definitely start contributing.

Recently @moonyuet and @antirotor have been involved with the Unreal Integration development as far as I know - so, if you have any questions definitely ask here, add in what you’ve tried, what your setup is like and if it’s a reproducable “issue” then definitely add the steps to reproduce it exactly as well.

For now, have fun developing!

I could not make a new branch yet, so my code cab now be found here: GitHub - thijssmeel/ayon-unreal: Unreal Engine integration addon for AYON

Hello, is it a problem with our branch name rules ? or something else ?
For information, currently, we are adopting git flow like branch naming.
For more info, please check

Nah, I just have to get used to github haha. But I figured it out.

1 Like