Batch Publishing (EXR, LUTS, REF)

Hi there,
I am currently working on the implementation of AYON in the STUDIO. Everything is OK so far, except for the INGEST part of my workflow.
Currently we are asking to labs to provide :

• EXR sequence in a folder named SCANS/name_of_EXR_sequence/resolution/. Each EXR sequence is named as follows PROJECTCODE_EPISODE_SEQUENCE_SHOT
  • LUT per shot (.cube) (same name as shot) > for now I did not manage how to attach it automatically within HIERO and therefore to export it so that it is ready to open in NUKE to match the reference.
  • ref JPEG per shot (.jpg) / probably useless at this stage
  • editing ref (all the shots in a .mov with an EDL) > found the tutorial based on OpenPYPE working perfectly.

I managed to publish through HIERO REF & PLATES but I would like to publish using the current name and not an automatic renaming.
Actually, I have an EDL from the editing with already different sequences in it, and sometimes different episodes.

Any clue on how to automate better based on the initial plate names ? I want all the published plates going into a folder episode/sequence/shot depending on the initial plate name.

Thanks a lot

Kr,

Hello !

Some more knowledgeable people will probably come next, but I may help on this :

I would like to publish using the current name and not an automatic renaming.

In Anatomy templates, you can use {originalBasename} , but at some point it only worked while using the Tray Publisher (maybe now it also works elsewhere).

1 Like

Hey,
I don’t have great knowledge of Nuke and Hiero.

But, to sum up your post,
Are you asking for the following points:

1. Hiero and Nuke specific workflow / conforming workflow.

2. Manage the name of the published data:
    Typically, this is managed by template name profiles as @Yul mentioned

• Publish templates are defined in your project anatomy, shortcut a+a
      ayon+anatomy://{project_name}/templates/publish
    • you can link those templates to particular products by setting
      ayon+settings://core/tools/publish/template_name_profiles
  3. a batch publishing tool:
    Are you looking for something similar to batch publishing tool by @fabiaserra ?
    ezgif-4-f0c03e78f2

Hi ,
Thank you for your answers.
Ideally if the publish can be done in HIERO that would be perfect.
For now I manage to keep the basename of the plates, but I would like to extract from this base name the hierarchy: episode/sequence/shot.
For now, it seems to be locked within HIERO, or I need to make 1 timeline per sequence to achieve that (but it is of a reduce interest).

I will look into the 2 other ways you are mentionning. Maybe it will be wiser to avoid HIERO for the publishing.

Kr,

if you are referring to extracting that from the sequence saved on your disk.
then, I think you may need a custom like fabia.

But, this area of expertise so take with a grain of salt.