Updating Applications Addon

Hello, I recently updated Ayon pipeline using the new Install Latest Release tool which is great. I was able to download and update all the Addon’s in a new bundle except Applications. The current launcher I have is now 1.0.3.

The issue is that the Applications plugin is stuck on 0.2.4 and I can’t seem to update it to the newly downloaded 1.0.1 version which I got from the Addon Market. It’s reporting “applications: Launcher >=1.1.0 is required” when I try to switch versions and won’t let me.

Where is this dependency on the launcher version updated. I also manually download the latest 1.1.0 launcher and performed a Upload Launcher in the Bundles tab to place it on the server but that doesn’t seem to update the dependency. When going to Download Launcher, i have 1.1.0 available, but the default is still set to AYON-1.0.3-wind-setupexe. Somehow the dependency isn’t updated for the latest launcher which would allow me to update my Applications plugin. This is after running install latest release. Anyy ideas?

Dependencies can be automatically updated via Update pipeline or the bootstrap menu entries.

This should provide you with a launcher, and fitting dependency package. However, if you’re running cutting edge and the latest ‘compatible pipeline package’ hasn’t been released yet then you’ll need to get the latest launcher and dependencies yourself.

You can build the launcher using ayon-launcher repository.
And then build the dependencies using the ayon-dependencies-tool repository.

Does that help?

AYON launcher version can be selected as first thing in bundle creation.

Thank to you both. I didn’t see the Launcher version selection at the very top! That let me update my applications plugin properly after switching Launcher Versions.
Also, it looks like Update Pipeline option which looks like it’s 1.4.2 - I’m on 1.4.1 and only Install latest release was available, which is what I ran.

1 Like