Samba smb Read only error with Ayon on a folder that I can write to

hey guys, I’m having trouble connecting to ayon through macos. It’s giving a “read-only” error, but I’m able to write to that samba share through the finder.

Any ideas on what’s going on here?

Ayon baybe use some different user to perform (dont sure) but granting acces to modify share seems to be nessesasy here

thanks @timsergeeff ,

That could very well be possible about tdifferent user, what user would I grant access to modify share to?

Lets ask some big boys like @mustafa_jafar
he for shure knowы better than me

I have my share permissions like: root owner and root has full control and others allowed to modify so ayon+deadline+nuke+houduhi+… etc works fine

Thank you guys for this discussion.
you made me realize that we don’t have AYON pipeline section.
e.g.
what are the file system permissions that AYON pipeline expects/assumes?

I haven’t used smb:// paths much directly, other than mapping/mounting them to a path and then using the path itself.

In the code, we mostly touch the file systems via Python (and all the DCCs would also need to be access the files through that smb:// path for all their files).

So it would be worth to check whether the path is maybe also accessible, via e.g.

import os

path = r"smb://your/path"
print(os.path.exists(path))

It would print either True or False.

Then if true, you could try to manually create a folder using:

import os
path = r"smb://your/path/newdir"
os.mkdir(path)

If that also does not work - then I suppose you can indeed not create directories on the smb:// from that particular entry point.