'pymxs' not found error when publishing in Maya 2024

I’m having ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pymxs' when publishing a render layout in Maya 2024.
Environment:
Maya: 2024
Addons:

• ayon core: 0.4.3
  • deadline: 0.2.2
  • max: 0.2.1

I know that Max does not support pymxs since 2022, but not sure about Maya. Also I wonder if we need this ayon_max addon when publishing on Maya.
What is the solution? Do I need to roll back to legacy versions of Maya?

You can ignore this error, since it shouldn’t hold you back from publishing. I’m quite confident this error comes from ayon-deadline module and will just have the plug-in appear in the “Crashed Plugins” tab.

The issue has been fixed since in ayon-deadline recent versions via PR Register host-specific Deadline plugins only on install of the host by BigRoy · Pull Request #6 · ynput/ayon-deadline · GitHub

I’d recommend just updating your addons if the error warnings are annoying.

Thank you for your kind reply. I updated versions of ayon-deadline and ayon-3dsmax and I’m not seeing this ModuleNotFound error anymore. But encountered more annoying ConnectionError saying “Max retries exceeded with url”.
It seems that it fails when establishing http connections to 127.0.0.1:8082.
How to solve this problem? Warm thanks in advance.

Deadline Web Service not configured

You have likely misconfigured the ayon-deadline studio settings or have no deadline webservice running.

The setings for those can be defined here: ayon+settings://deadline/deadline_urls/0/value

That URL should be accessible from your machine and is the Deadline Web Service used to connect with your Deadline repository.

See:

An easy way to confirm whether the web service is running and accessible from your machine is visiting the address in your browser. It would show something like:

Deadline Web Service 10.0 [v10.0.25.2 Release (b262943da)]

Had it configured before?

If you had this previously configured. Note that addon versions do NOT share settings - so a new version in a bundle will not automatically contain your studio setting overrides, etc. for the new addon version. You need to transfer/copy these from the old bundle or addons.

If you have a recent AYON server version - there is a nice dialog you get on setting a new bundle to e.g. production that completely automates that for you. That’s in AYON server 1.3.9+.