Problem creating Render Publish in Fusion

Hi, I’m trying Ayon in Fusion and when trying to create a render step I got the following error:

Creator: Render (saver) (io.openpype.creators.fusion.saver)

Error: 'render'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\mhartist\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\openpype_3.17.0\openpype\pipeline\create\context.py", line 2031, in _create_with_unified_error
    result = creator.create(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\mhartist\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\openpype_3.17.0\openpype\hosts\fusion\plugins\create\create_saver.py", line 57, in create
    self._update_tool_with_data(saver, data=instance_data)
  File "C:\Users\mhartist\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\openpype_3.17.0\openpype\hosts\fusion\plugins\create\create_saver.py", line 142, in _update_tool_with_data
    self._configure_saver_tool(data, tool, subset)
  File "C:\Users\mhartist\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\openpype_3.17.0\openpype\hosts\fusion\plugins\create\create_saver.py", line 150, in _configure_saver_tool
    anatomy.templates["render"].get("frame_padding", 4)
KeyError: 'render'

I believe these templates in AYON are publish_render instead of render so this could be that this was never refactored for AYON here.

What is the correct way to retrieve the template in both AYON and OpenPype I’m not sure. @iLLiCiT do you know?

However Nuke integration also seems to access it:

So I’m not sure why that hasn’t failed yet.

I suppose these should all be going through this monster get_publish_template_name?

You might want to double check that there is render key in Project Settings > Anatomy > Templates > Publish like this:

(They may have same content.)

Thank you, I’ll check it as soon as I’m at the office and let you know!

Hi, sorry for the delayed response, we are starting to create a path to switch to Ayon while maintaining our current system so it gets messy sometimes.

@Petr_Kalis I checked and it looks the same as your screenshot as far as I can tell.

do you have any idea of where else I could look into?

I suspect this PR is intending to solve this: fusion: removing hardcoded template name for saver by jakubjezek001 · Pull Request #5907 · ynput/OpenPype · GitHub

That is great news, thank you!