Issues launching Ayon-TV Paint

Hi there,

I’m having some difficulty running the tv paint integration for ayon. After configuring the executable in the server, the TV paint launcher appears, but clicking on it results in several seconds of a loading symbol and ultimately nothing launches, with no error message. Inspecting the launch command, this is what it’s trying to run:

[‘C:\Program Files\Ynput\AYON 1.0.3\ayon.exe’, ‘run’, ‘C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\tvpaint_0.2.2\ayon_tvpaint\api\launch_script.py’, ‘C:\Program Files\TVPaint Developpement\TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 Pro (64bits)\TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 Pro (64bits).exe’]

Running these same commands locally in terminal has the same result, nothing happens. If I change the arguments to just be the executable, I’m able to launch the program, but unsurprisingly it’s missing the ayon menu.

Any thoughts on how I can go about debugging this? I suspect that it may have to do with some configuration that has be done the first time launching TV paint. Thanks in advance!

Digging in a bit more to the output from the command locally, it looks like it’s erroring out on not being able to import the aiohttp_json_rpc module in the tvpaint addon

>>> loading environments ...
  - global AYON ...
  - for addons ...
... running: C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\tvpaint_0.2.2\ayon_tvpaint\api\launch_script.py C:\Program Files\TVPaint Developpement\TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 Pro (64bits)\TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 Pro (64bits).exe
!!! AYON crashed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\core_0.4.0\ayon_core\cli.py", line 287, in main
    main_cli(obj={}, prog_name="ayon")
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\dependency_packages\ayon_2407301112_windows.zip\runtime\click\core.py", line 1157, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\dependency_packages\ayon_2407301112_windows.zip\runtime\click\core.py", line 1078, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\dependency_packages\ayon_2407301112_windows.zip\runtime\click\core.py", line 1688, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\dependency_packages\ayon_2407301112_windows.zip\runtime\click\core.py", line 1434, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\dependency_packages\ayon_2407301112_windows.zip\runtime\click\core.py", line 783, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\core_0.4.0\ayon_core\cli.py", line 191, in run
    runpy.run_path(script, run_name="__main__")
  File "runpy.py", line 268, in run_path
  File "runpy.py", line 97, in _run_module_code
  File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\tvpaint_0.2.2\ayon_tvpaint\api\launch_script.py", line 13, in <module>
    from ayon_tvpaint.api import (
  File "C:\Program Files\Ynput\AYON 1.0.3\vendor\python\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\tvpaint_0.2.2\ayon_tvpaint\api\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .communication_server import CommunicationWrapper
  File "C:\Program Files\Ynput\AYON 1.0.3\vendor\python\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
  File "C:\Users\veena.vignale\AppData\Local\Ynput\AYON\addons\tvpaint_0.2.2\ayon_tvpaint\api\communication_server.py", line 18, in <module>
    from aiohttp_json_rpc import JsonRpc
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aiohttp_json_rpc'

In this case you may have a mismatching “Dependencies Package” configured for your production bundle.

Either use the “Bootstrap” with latest addon versions and make sure you are using the updated launcher and dependencies package it provides - that should work fine for the available addon versions there. If not, that’s a bug we should solve ASAP.

Or, you’re building your own latest TVPaint addon version that may bring other customizations or other dependencies (or may not have been released in the bootstrap bundle in that way). If so, then you may need to create the dependencies package yourself for your particular bundle. That would be through the ayon-dependencies-tool.

@iLLiCiT it may be worth it to still investigate whether we can “validate” these dependencies against the chosen dependencies package on the Bundle creation in any way? (Likely we’ll need to shuffle some things around because those dependencies are likely not ‘available’ to be listed for an addon version server side, but maybe they should!)

That’s strange, I had tried regenerating the dependencies package this morning manually with a new bundle and what I thought were all the relevant latest plugins, but it didn’t pull in aiohttp_json_rpc module. However, now that I used the bootstrap setup as you suggested, it works. I’ll try to dig into what exactly are the differences that might have caused that…
In any case, now that I have that missing dependency it is launching :slight_smile: Thank you, Roy!

1 Like

If you’re able to re-test and reproduce that issue when manually building the dependency package for your bundle then that’d be great to still get clarified and reported.

But since TVPaint does have the dependency listed this should work as intended.

Could you try with develop of dependencies tool?

1 Like