How to use status change feature in kitsu addon

Currently in the documentation PR I am confused on how this part of Kitsu functions:

I assumed that when I added status conditions like WIP or READY and use those as comments on the AYON publisher, that it would adapt those in Kitsu through Pyblish.

What would be the correct way of using this system?

FYI, The docs were written based on scattered info across forums, GH and Discord discussions, and my test runs as well. That’s why I’m asking for some review to validate the collected info.

As far as I know,

• First things first, you need to add you desired Houdini products to the collect kitsu family which allows ayon kitsu plugins to comment in kitsu.
  • Comments are separate from the status change feature.
  • When enabling custom comment template in Kitsu addon settings, integrate kitsu note plugin will use it when making the comment on kitsu (check screenshot).
  • Status change feature, by default it will change the status to wfa when making
  • You

Screenshots:

Thank you ! This is really informative, the main question comes down on how the usage of the status conditions would be used. What is an example for it? I am curious about that since if it affects Kitsu, it can also be taken into account for the artist docs.

Currently, I use the default settings while enabling set status and custom comment.
which always change status to wfa on publish any product that was added to collect kitsu family.

Ah perhaps it’s good to work with the defaults then before thinking of future possibilities :slight_smile: