Give options, or change file save extension for nuke

I’m working with Nuke Indie, but the default extension for file saves uses .nk where it needs to be .nkind otherwise it wont save the file to disk.

Is there a way to add .nkind as an optional extension choice? Or change the extension based on the application being launched?

I assumed it would be via the file name templates like below but I cant see where this is used on a per DCC basis.

I suspect the file extension would need to be added here:

@mustafa_jafar what do you think?

I’m not sure if there are any other limitations of Nuke Indie which may be problematic with AYON. @jakub.jezek are you aware of any?

2 Likes

I was going to mention the same thing.
Thanks.

hey @dan , have you managed to solve the issue after all? I was looking into the Indie version and there might be serious limit on API… AYON is using more then 10 command executions.

I am yet to test fully, the ayon plugin seemed to load correctly and create nodes but I paused testing as i wasnt able to save in the correct format. I’ll be coming back to this though.

They mention some more info on what they mean by “10” in the FAQs if it helps

This seems like serious limit for AYON nuke (python wrapped).

EDIT:
Here is a hint for the hard-coded extension ayon-core/server_addon/nuke/client/ayon_nuke/api/workio.py at 1ed5dd5f53d08ffbc14c0907d0f684a3c4ed0893 · ynput/ayon-core · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer there, I’ll test to see where things break at some point and report back!

I guess its just another way Foundry screw freelancers into buying studio licenses, along with the resolution limitation and inability to use a render farm… they are such a nice company.

Lets hope sidefx pull off that compositing package one day :pray:

1 Like