fTrack Addon - status mapping

Hey guys, the docs on the Ayon and fTrack addon have left me somewhat stumped.

I can see this error in my worker log DEBUG:TaskToVersionStatus:Project "AyonSyncTesting" does not have set status mapping for TaskToVersionStatus and I cannot for love nor money figure out how to set that in ayon+settings://ftrack/service_event_handlers/status_task_to_version/mapping based on the documentation here

It’s not entirely clear what these fields actually need in order to map correctly.

I agree that this setting UX wise is not great.

It is practically converting new task status to new version status. The first status from Value that can be used, will be used on last version of the task.

Yeah the UX could do with some… improvement :smiley:

What parts of this are Ayon specific and What parts of this equation are fTrack specific?

Is the New Task Status a status in Ayon? Is the possible new version status 1 a ftrack status that can then be pushed up to fTrack from Ayon?

What does this section’s behaviour do or modify from normal :slight_smile: I am just trying to understand why statuses between fTrack and Ayon are not updating.

This is pure ftrack logic. At this moment we lack AYON automations for status.

Ahhh, no status updates can be sync across in either direction? Or only from Ayon to fTrack?

Is this correct?:

Like I wrote before, this is pure ftrack functionality. At this moment we lack AYON status automation, and sync of statuses AYON ↔ ftrack.