Displaying version status in Loader

Hey all,

We’re testing approval workflows, mainly to clearly convey to downstream artists what products to use

The Ayon web app’s browser page clearly shows the status of each publish version and allows this field to be updated, which is great

For artist visibility I think it would be super handy to include this in the loader. Most of the other important columns are there already. If you could change the status in the loader, hey, even better

Displaying a product’s task and task status would be great as well, but I think this is less important and can already be worked around

This is currently implemented actually - a product’s version status will show in both the loader and scene inventory (manager) - major effort by @iLLiCiT actually :pray: .

See:

And it’s getting even a bit nicer with icons soon:

It may be a bit before all these nice features trickle through in the ready-to-go market addons, but if you’re building yourself you should be able to roll these out now!

These feature requests however are not in currently:

• If you could change the status in the loader, hey, even better
  • Displaying a product’s task and task status would be great as well, but I think this is less important and can already be worked around

I’ll leave that maybe to @Dee or @antirotor to loop back into from a product or pipeline perspective.

2 Likes