Hello Houdini enthusiasts,
Recently, Some discussions are starting to arise about Houdini Future and
Ayon tools and HDAs for Houdini
So, here’s a quick list, each idea worth a separate post on forums!
- Enhancing Houdini integration
- Utilize TOP nodes, There’s a very helpful discussion here.
- allow procedural publishing
- ayon universal load node
- ayon universal cache node
- Houdini look dev
- AYON USD x Houdini
- AYON Material X in Houdini
- Houdini color management, it waits testing.
- Houdini workfile builder
Houdini General Settings, manage env vars
Allow publish instances duplication
- Node network tree for each loader.
- Local Render Support
- Publish from different contexts not only from ROP Network
Some of these ideas are in progress already and some may be dropped.
This post is just for brain storming so feel free to share your ideas
it will be great to include screen captures to visualize your thoughts
Just for reference, here’s a quick list of things you can do in Houdini integration
- add houdini executables
- add houdini tools
- set global env variables
- add houdini shelves
- manage publish plugins settings
- use tools provided in openpype/ ayon menu
- publish several product types
- PointCache ABC
- PointCache Bgeo
- StaticMeshes FBX
- Redshift Proxy
- Arnold Ass
- VDB Cache
- Composite sequence
- HDA (from obj level)
- add Launch hooks
- register call back events
- customize publish plugins
I wish if I could add a Houdini TDs section
If you were Houdini TD what would you expect to find?