Expose ayon editor's check name regex in the settings

Was there an option to limit the assetName creation to a specific format.
For example i want to force that all asset and folder names are lowerCameCase not starting with a number and no special signs.

I thought i have seen this come by just, but could be a brain fart

Hi Robert !

Indeed, I would also like to force all user-entered names (project, asset, folder, task, etc…) to follow some simple rules (for us it would be uppercase).
And currently you can create assets, folders and tasks using crazy names (containing spaces, special characters, foreign accents, mix of upper and lower case, number as first character, etc…), that will later create problems when their names are used to create files and disk folders.
Project names currently have some sanity check already, so it’s better than other entities.

and while we add it :wink:
Could we create multiple assets at the same time, maybe with a comma separation Almost allready csv, i know that full csv import and export is planned for later this year.
But would be nice for in the meantime have an option to add more than 1 asset

This would be one for :superhero: @Innders I think.

And maybe he also has some thoughts on locking out certain characters for entity types as @Yul also requested, etc. But that might go a bit higher into the :supervillain: chain to @milan .

For naming sanity check, it seems part of it is already in the works :

1 Like

To me that just seems like a static value of what is allowed or not - it doesn’t look like something customizable to the studio. Which to me sounds like what you and @robert were asking for?

The static check rules are better than nothing.
But yes, having it customizable would be better (for studios that prefer uppercase, or lowercase, or force the first character to be a letter, etc…).

Also, if we can’t have it when an entity is created, we could have it later when Anatomy comes into play, using this very nice future feature :

Hello,
So, as far as I’m able to tell this idea mentions exposing the regex pattern in this file in the frontend part of AYON to settings.